Wednesday, January 13, 2010
90 degrees or bust
Today was my first day of physical therapy at the clinic. Before my surgery I was told that the recovery process was tantamount. I had to push myself and fight through the pain in order to achieve my goal of full recovery. "Don't be a baby," like my physical therapist says. I went in today walking without my crutches, as I was expected to and I was given a "nice job" which I appreciated. There was some other guy there today who had his surgery on the same day and he came in on crutches and he struggled on the exercises that I had to do at therapy today so I felt pretty good about myself. I realize that everyone heals at a different rate, and that guy was probably older than me, and certainly he was a fatty, but whatever, I derive pleasure from me being better than that guy with tree trunk legs. I couldn't even tell where his knee was swollen because his leg was one size all the way through. Was that mean? Whatever, I have six staples in my knee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment